How many car manufacturers are in there in the world? You probably can’t name them all, but you definitely know names like Lamborghini and Tesla. In the second episode of our three-part series on build-to-rent (BTR), Branden Lombardi, President of BB Living, joins us to share how his company has branded itself as the “best in class” within the BTR world. BB Living prides itself on being the “Toll Brothers equivalent” of the BTR sector—which is fitting, as the two are partners. Keep reading below for some of the episode’s key highlights.
What differentiates BB Living
- BB Living differentiates itself based on location and high-quality product. Its communities are in the best locations within the most desirable markets.
- The resident experience is a top priority. A “lock-and-go” lifestyle takes the burden of home maintenance off residents’ shoulders so they can Simply Live More.
- Amenity packages are not one-size-fits-all. Amenities should be customized for product, location, and lifestyle.
You might rent in a BTR community if:
- You want to try out a new area before committing to buying a home.
- You’re going through a transitionary period while waiting for a new home to be built.
- You don’t have the funds for upfront costs associated with home buying (e.g., down payment, furniture).
- You want to live in a more pet-friendly environment. (Sorry, apartments, a dog-washing station doesn’t make up for a backyard.)
- You want a more low-maintenance lifestyle.
- You want to seize the opportunity to live in a brand-new home.
Looking towards the horizon
- Branden expects that eventually a BTR component will be standard practice in master-planned communities.
- High land values and labor/material constraints will be driving forces of continued rent growth.
- Rising interest rates will increase rental demand.
- Currently, there’s a mad dash to get into the hot and trending BTR space. This excitement will settle down as the space matures.
For a full transcript of this episode, click here.
Don’t miss out on future episodes!
The New Home Insights podcast is available on various platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify. To receive email notifications whenever a new episode is released, fill out the form found on this page.