Join Our Team
Current Job Openings
Our research team analyzes housing market conditions on a macro, regional, and MSA level. They create our ongoing published research products and address unique topics in white papers, presentations, or blogs. Their passion for quality data collection and analysis, time-sensitive research, and responsive customer service translates into flexible, personalized, and interactive relationships with our clients.
We are looking for research analysts, managers, and Vice Presidents who are passionate about helping our clients make informed decisions.
Our consulting team spends their time on the ground in housing markets all across the country, completing market research, strategic planning, and financial and economic analysis. Highly experienced and analytical, our consultants use their experience to analyze, interpret, and deliver specific recommendations.
We are looking for experts who can figure out a problem quickly and succinctly, with plenty of support.
We are committed to being the leading national housing experts.
Our team delivers:
At John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC, we make it a priority to attract and retain PALS: the most Passionate, Articulate, Likable, and Smart team members.
Our PALS profitably and quickly complete the most insightful, challenging, accurate and forward-looking research and consulting assignments. We empower and require everyone to succeed at the highest possible level by demanding and demonstrating excellence in work and character.
- Passionate: Curious, energetic people who embrace our high standards for excellence, overcome obstacles, and grow our business by identifying, promoting, and leading company and industry innovations, attracting great teammates, and providing the best advice possible
- Articulate: Empathetic listeners who coworkers and clients seek out because they communicate clearly, concisely, respectfully, and inspirationally
- Likable: Reliable, helpful, collaborative, trustworthy team players who make work enjoyable because they are dependable and complete high-quality work on time and with humility and kindness
- Smart: Insightful second-level thinkers who convert complexity into concise, logical, forward-thinking recommendations and solutions
We enjoy challenges, problem solving, economic analysis, market research, and working on a team, and we adhere to uncompromising ethical standards. By hiring the right people, our team is committed to providing understanding and clarity through the intricacies of an ever-changing real estate cycle.
What does our team say about our company culture?
At our 2022 company strategy meeting, we asked all of our team members to write down several words to describe what they thought summarizes JBREC’s company culture well. The word cloud above illustrates the results of that team exercise.
Great Place To Work®-Certified™ (Sept 2022-Sept 2023)
94% of employees at John Burns Real Estate Consulting say it is a great place to work compared to 57% of employees at a typical US-based company.
It’s official! Thanks to our people, we’re proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. Check out what our employees say makes working here so great by clicking here.
Results are from employee survey ran through Great Place to Work® in Fall 2022
About Great Place to Work Certification
Great Place to Work® Certification™ is the most definitive “employer-of-choice” recognition that companies aspire to achieve. It is the only recognition based entirely on what employees report about their workplace experience – specifically, how consistently they experience a high-trust workplace. Great Place to Work Certification is recognized worldwide by employees and employers alike and is the global benchmark for identifying and recognizing outstanding employee experience.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting has officially been confirmed by Tugboat Institute to be a Certified Evergreen™ company.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting was the first company to receive the certification from the prestigious organization, Tugboat Institute.
Evergreen businesses are led by purpose-driven leaders with the grit and resourcefulness to build and scale private, profitable, enduring, and market-leading businesses that make a dent in the universe. Evergreen businesses put their people first and avoid raising capital that puts money before mission and imposes a growth-at-all-costs or exit-oriented mindset. They measure success by how well they deliver on their mission and they embody the Evergreen 7Ps.
The Evergreen 7PS are the defining characteristics of Evergreen. The first three Ps – Purpose, Perseverance, and People First – define the character of the leaders and team. The last four P’s – Private, Profit, Paced Growth, and Pragmatic Innovation – reflect the long term strategy tenants of an Evergreen business.
Gallup Employee Engagement Results
Our team completed our most recent employee engagement survey in Fall 2021. Check out some of the detailed results by clicking here.
JBREC Internship Programs
John Burns Real Estate Consulting is always looking for talented students who are passionate, articulate, likable, and smart to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and help our clients make the most informed decisions possible.
Our internship programs provide meaningful work, in conjunction with ongoing support and guidance, to ensure you have a valuable experience and prepare you for professional career.
- Summer Internship Program: A 10 week internship during the summer where students have the opportunity to develop professional and technical skills necessary for success in the business world by collaborating with teams within our company.
- Fannie Mae’s Future Housing Leaders: Our interns have the opportunity to participate in Fannie Mae’s Future Housing Leaders and learn about other aspects of the residential housing market and opportunities within the industry.
- The Bell Lap: The Bell Lap’s mission is to guide professional track and field athletes as they transition from sport to business. They provide program athletes with career coaching and internship placement with industry leading companies. We partner with The Bell Lap to hire aspiring athletes who have desires and interests beyond sport. Similar to our summer internship program, the athletes have an opportunity to gain an understanding of our organization, industry, clients, and ultimately gain professional experience by working side-by-side with our team.
Exclusive Employee Access to JBREC University
JBREC University serves as an online resource for our employees on company training and communication. You will find videos on our research and proprietary indices, business development tools, writing aids, and computer training. We also provide training on our clients’ businesses, from homebuilder land acquisition to stocks and capital structures. We encourage employees to submit feedback on training they would like to receive, and JBREC University is continuously evolving with new material.