Associate Editor (Folsom, CA)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work in the position of Associate Editor. This position is based out of Folsom, CA (Sacramento), and is part of our national team that advises real estate executives with strategic planning, market and consumer research, and trusted analysis. The Editor Associate promotes the company’s brand by ensuring consistent messaging and style in written content and supports the company’s marketing and cross-selling efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the accuracy, style, and scheduling of analytical research reports
- Assembles and proofreads exhibits from our data team and copy from our analysts; prepares the final monthly reports for our clients
- Ensures reports and client communications are accurate and presented in a consistent style and tone
- Takes initiative to make the production processes more efficient and automated
- Champions the company style guide with the Senior Manager, Editorial
Desired Skills and Experience
Work experience as a technical or production editor for business publications (exemplary undergraduate work may be accepted in lieu of work experience) and a bachelor’s degree required. You must have experience rewriting and editing, excellent proofreading skills, and a dedication to checking facts. The position requires demonstrated experience in managing multiple periodicals while meeting deadlines (or high-quality examples of undergraduate projects). The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, aesthetic eye, and excellent follow-up and follow-through. You should enjoy challenges and problem solving, take great pride in all the work you complete, and have uncompromised ethics. Computer skills required include:
- Microsoft Word
You should have proficient quantitative skills and experience with charts, graphs, and data presentations. Familiarity with economic analysis, market research, and creative problem solving is highly valued.
Our team members are extremely well organized, quick learners, Excel whizzes, outstanding writers, and hard workers. We enjoy challenges, problem solving, economic analysis, market research, and working on a team. We adhere to uncompromising ethical standards.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and creating professional work products, have a passion for real estate, and enjoy working with a supportive team, this is the dynamic environment for you.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.