Burns Internship Program (Burns Interns)
Would you like to work for an organization that is committed to your professional development and personal success? John Burns Real Estate Consulting is an award-winning “Best Place to Work” that invests in our people through learning opportunities, professional experiences, and peer mentorship.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting is looking for talented students who are passionate, articulate, likable, and smart (PALS) to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and help our clients make the most informed decisions possible.
The Burns Internship Program (Burns Interns) is dedicated to providing meaningful work, in conjunction with ongoing support and guidance, to ensure you have a valuable experience and prepare you for professional career.
How Do You Qualify?
The Burns Internship Program is designed for high-performing college sophomores/rising juniors or graduate students who have completed the first year in a master’s program. We prefer candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA: 3.3
- Major GPA: 3.3
- Fields of study: Economics, Finance, Philosophy, Business
As an intern, you’ll begin the summer with two weeks of orientation delivered by experienced team members that is similar to the training received by new employees.
The 2020 internship program will run from June 15th through August 7th.
- Interns will work 40 hours per week.
- Salary range is $19–$24/hour.
- Dates applications accepted:
- February 15–29, 2020
- August 15–October 1, 2020
What You Will Learn:
- Understanding of our organization, industry, clients, and professional experience by working side by side with our team members on their normal day-to-day tasks.
- The opportunity to develop professional and technical skills necessary for success in the business world by working with teams within our company.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Ability to utilize your problem solving, analytical, research, and organizational skills to understand our business and assist teams in real life projects focused on knowledge management and serving our clients.
- Knowledge by participating in technical development exercises focused on management, research, finance, business development, and organizational health.
- Experience that you cannot learn in a classroom that will provide you a head start in your professional career.
- You will get to do impactful work and learn alongside an extremely skilled and knowledgeable professionals who enjoy coming to work every day.
We have the following intern opportunities:
- Green Bay—Research, Building Products
- Irvine—Business Development, Consulting, Marketing and Research
- San Diego—Consulting
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to HR@realestateconsulting.com indicating which position they are interested in. Interviews will begin in mid-March.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business