Finance Manager or Director (Irvine, CA)
We are looking for an analytical finance leader to lead our Open Book management initiative, evaluate and strengthen our banking relationships, and improve our financial management, forecasting, and reporting processes to make our accounting information timelier and more useful to business leaders. This position will be in our Irvine, California. This position requires an individual who is organized, self-motivated, and has demonstrated the ability to handle multiple projects. The candidate must be able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency.
Qualifications and Job Responsibilities
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of related experience
- This person will help educate our team members how to understand and, more importantly, positively impact our balance sheet, income and cash flow statements
- Strong knowledge of operational accounting required, including the ability to understand, calculate and communicate the financial drivers of our two businesses: 1) a research subscription business and 2) a consulting business
- Must be experienced at driving process improvements
- Must be excellent at the use of financial reporting tools, databases, and advanced Excel
- Superior presentation skills are a must
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in accuracy and professional appearance in all the work you complete, and enjoy working with a fantastic team that supports each other, this is the dynamic environment for you.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and creating professional work products, have a passion for real estate, and enjoy working with a supportive team, this is the dynamic environment for you.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.