Forecasting/Data Analyst (Folsom, CA)
We are looking for a bright, motivated, analytical individual to join our research team as a Junior Forecasting analyst in our Folsom, CA office.
The Forecasting/Data Analyst will assist in analyzing, collecting and preparing data sets, forecasting developing trends, and creating tools to better monitor and forecast national and metro housing trends. Much of this work will involve using the statistical software R. This position will also assist with industry research and custom statistical/econometric modelling for clients.
Our monthly reports cover housing markets on a national, regional and metro-level basis. Our diverse group of clients includes home builders, developers, hedge funds, private equity groups and banks. We enjoy challenges, problem solving, economic analysis, market research and working on a team. We take great pride in all our work and have uncompromised ethics.
Likely responsibilities include:
- Assist in modeling and/or forecasting multiple data points
- Monitor trends in economic and real estate markets
- Manage internal flow of data between team members and our database
- Working closely with other team members to compile data and analysis into well-organized and concise monthly reports
- Collect and scrub data in preparation for analysis
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- College degree, with 1 to 2 years of experience
- Strong skills with R statistical software (this will be assessed)
- Advanced Excel skills (you will be assessed)
- Focused on results, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to interact with people outside of the company to gather information
- Ability to roadmap and tackle large complex programming or research projects
- Creative problem solving
- Experience with research, analysis, and logical thought processes
- Experience with housing data or demographics a plus, but not required
- Flexibility and adaptability within a changing environment
- Passionate about analysis
- Team Player
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and professional appearance in all the work you complete, and enjoy working with a fantastic team that supports each other, this is the dynamic environment for you.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org