Manager, Building Products (Location TBD)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work in the position of Manager, Building Products. The Manager will work closely with our Manager-Building Products, Research team, and Consulting team to deliver exceptional analysis of the building product space. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference for our clients in their building product investment decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with monthly analysis for our Building Products Analysis and Forecast report, our flagship research report for the building product industry
- Assist with quarterly earnings coverage of Building Products Earnings
- Manage assigned building product consulting projects, working closely with our Building Products team, our Sacramento data team, and our Consumer Insights team
- Assist with analysis of our building product survey, including the execution of the survey, tabulation, and analysis of results
- Depending on expertise, the candidate has an opportunity to work on a diverse range of building product consulting projects, including:
- Product segment deep-dive assignments
- Due diligence / M&A support
- New product development research
- Pricing research
- Channel research
- Branding and positioning research
Desired Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidate would have 1-2 years in a research, finance, or product management position in the building products industry or a consulting firm, with a bachelor degree. The ideal candidate is curious and has a hunger to find truth. We are looking for someone who can connect the dots between research results and what the data means for the businesses we serve—a clear communicator who can articulate what the research means for our clients. We want to find someone who is an innovative and strategic thinker. You need to be a team player with strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who has experience with Microsoft office. You should enjoy challenges and problem solving, take pride in all the work you complete, exercise uncompromised ethics, and be willing to travel. You should be versed in economic analysis, market research, and creative problem solving.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact: JBREC Human Resources at email@example.com.