Research Analyst (Irvine, CA)
We are looking for an analyst to work with us to produce housing market research that sets the industry standards. Our analysts work with the team to develop new research products and manage their execution as well as analyze emerging trends and quantify their impact on the industry. This position is based out of Irvine, California and part of our national team that advises real estate executives with strategic planning, market and consumer research, and trusted analysis. This position requires an individual who is organized, self-motivated, and has demonstrated the ability to support multiple projects. The candidate must be able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency.
Requirements and Job Responsibilities
- Data analyst or related experience; experience in reporting and data mining, as well as the ability to analyze large sets of data
- Ability to review, analyze, and evaluate multiple data elements and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Assist in modeling and/or forecasting multiple data points
- Ability to consolidate and synthesize large amounts of data from various sources; must be able to translate a large group of raw numbers into succinct presentation points
- Monitor trends in economic and real estate markets
- Collect, filter, and graph relative real estate performance and fundamentals data
- Support the production of monthly market reports and research papers
- Experience with reporting detailed and summary status, milestones, and deliverables regarding project assignments
- Ability to learn independently and quickly
- Demonstrate critical thinking and initiative, reaching out to other team members and data providers in search of answers
- Statistical or data analysis experience; strong data analytic skills
- Advanced to expert MS Excel skills
- Format and validate data
- Attention to detail with the ability to check your own work
- Expert problem-solving and data-analysis skills
- Manage day-to-day work assignments
- A passion for the data analysis profession
- Must be able to identify gaps in data and resolve issues
- Develop and generate standard reporting
Additional Desired Qualifications a Plus
- Experience in trend analysis or statistical analysis
- Experience in forecasting and/or modeling
- Experience with databases and dashboard tools
- Interested in real estate, demographic, and related data
- Analyze data post-database import to ensure accuracy
- Create SQL queries for retrieving data
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and professional appearance in all the work you complete, have a passion for excellence and enjoy working with a fantastic team and client base, this is the dynamic environment for you.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com