Research Analyst (Sacramento, CA)
We are looking for a bright, motivated, analytical individual to join our research team as a Research Analyst in our Folsom, CA (Sacramento, CA) office.
The Research Analyst will assist in collecting information and data to support analysis, compile exhibits, and analyze data for our monthly research reports. This indivdual will also be involved in our progression to new analytical and visualization business intelligence platforms such as Tableau.
Our monthly reports cover detailed topics and analysis for housing on a national, regional and metro-level basis. Our diverse group of clients include home builders, developers, hedge funds, private equity groups, sector operators and banks. We enjoy challenges, problem solving, economic analysis, market research and working with a diverse team. We take great pride in all our work and have uncompromised ethics.
- Work in a team setting to update and maintain ongoing research processes
- Creating and updating graphics using Excel
- Creating and maintaining Tableau dashboards and workbooks
- Contribute to the team by promoting adoption of new processes and technologies
- Accurately and quickly complete custom data and visualization requests
- Be flexible within a team environment to support projects as needed to meet deadlines
- Assist with future improvements and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Experience with business analytics, economic analysis, visualization platforms or similar position
- Expertise in Excel
- Experience developing in Tableau
- Experience working in PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SQL database queries and analysis
- A highly organized individual
- A desire and willingness to expand and learn necessary technical skills for excellence such as using Tableau.
- Ability to review, analyze, and evaluate multiple data elements and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- A detail-oriented, analytical person able to review numbers for accuracy and determine when data doesn’t make sense
- Interested in real estate, demographic, or related data
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and creating professional work products, have a passion for real estate, and enjoy working with a supportive team, this is the dynamic environment for you.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.