Research Summer Analyst Program | Summer 2019 (Irvine, CA)
We are looking for a bright, motivated, analytical individual to join our research team as a Research Summer Analyst in our Irvine, CA office. The candidate must be able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency.
Summer Analysts in Research Group will assist in collecting information to support analysis, compile exhibits, and analyze data for our monthly research reports. The goal of this position is to gain familiarity with our firm and the housing industry. The roles and responsibilities of Summer Analysts will mirror the roles and responsibilities of full-time Junior Research Analysts.
Our monthly reports cover housing markets on a national, regional and metro-level basis. Our diverse group of clients includes home builders, developers, hedge funds, private equity groups, and banks. We enjoy challenges, problem solving, economic analysis, market research, and working on a team. We take great pride in all our work and have uncompromised ethics.
Likely Responsibilities Include
- Working closely with other team members to compile data and analysis into well-organized and concise monthly reports
- Create and assemble tables and charts for use in our monthly reports supporting conclusions and analysis
- Collect and scrub data in preparation for analysis
- Monitor trends in economic and real estate markets
- Ability to learn independently and quickly
- Demonstrate critical thinking and initiative, reaching out to other team members and data providers in search of answers
- Must have high attention to detail, care for process improvement, and be a continual learner
Requirements and Qualifications
- Advanced Excel skills (you will be tested)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to interact with people outside of the company to gather information
- Experience with research and analysis
- Experience with housing data or demographic a plus, but not required
- Flexibility and adaptability within a changing environment
- Focused on results
- Expertise in Microsoft Office software suite
- Passionate about analysis
- Team player
- Attention to detail and the ability to check your own work
The 10 week summer internship at John Burns Real Estate Consulting (JBREC) is a great opportunity to learn from the best in the housing market. Summer Analysts will get a sense for what a full time job would look like at JBREC. Summer Analysts will go through 1 week of company orientation, and then assist with 3 months of Research Production—gaining experience in all of the different research products we offer. We will task Summer Analysts with writing up markets for our monthly production process and will assign a summer capstone project to be presented to the team at the end of the summer program. Interns will be teamed up with a JBREC mentor and will have a chance to network internally and attend company events. Successful summer analysts will be considered for a full time offer at the end of the program.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org