Senior Research Analyst (Folsom, CA)
We are looking for a bright, motivated, analytical individual to join our research team as a Research Analyst in our Folsom, CA (Sacramento, CA) office.
The Research Analyst will assist in collecting information and data to support analysis, compile exhibits, and analyze data for our monthly research reports. This individual will also be involved in our progression to new analytical and visualization business intelligence platforms such as Tableau.
Our monthly reports cover detailed topics and analysis for housing on a national, regional and metro-level basis. Our diverse group of clients include home builders, developers, hedge funds, private equity groups, sector operators and banks. We enjoy challenges, problem solving, economic analysis, market research and working with a diverse team. We take great pride in all our work and have uncompromised ethics.
Requirements and Job Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years professional work experience in a research or data analysis environment
- Data analyst or related experience; experience in reporting and data mining, as well as the ability to analyze large sets of data
- Collect, filter, and graph relative real estate performance and fundamentals data
- Support the production of monthly market reports and research papers
- Ability to consolidate and synthesize large amounts of data from various sources; must be able to translate a large group of raw numbers into succinct presentation points
- Monitor trends in economic and real estate markets
- Assist in modeling and/or forecasting multiple data points
- Experience with reporting detailed and summary status, milestones, and deliverables regarding project assignments
- Ability to learn independently and quickly
- Demonstrate critical thinking and initiative, reaching out to other team members and data providers in search of answers
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability, and written and oral communication skills are required
- Statistical or data analysis experience
- Advanced to expert MS Excel skills
- Ability to format and validate data
- Attention to detail with the ability to check your own work
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- A passion for the data analysis profession
- Develop and generate standard reporting
Additional Desired Qualifications a Plus:
- Experience with databases and dashboard tools
- Interested in real estate, demographic, and related data
- Analyze data post-database import to ensure accuracy
- Experience creating SQL queries for retrieving data
Our team members are extremely well-organized, quick learners, Excel whizzes, outstanding writers and hard workers. We enjoy challenges, problem solving, economic analysis, market research, working on a team and adhere to uncompromising ethical standards.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and creating professional work products, have a passion for real estate, and enjoy working with a supportive team, this is the dynamic environment for you.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com