Statistician/Econometric Data Scientist
We are looking for an experienced bright, motivated, analytical individual to help us expand our data offerings, forecasting, and analysis capabilities. This position is based out of Sacramento, California or Green Bay, Wisconsin and part of our national team that advises real estate executives with strategic planning, market and consumer research, and trusted analysis. This position requires an individual who is organized, self-motivated, and has demonstrated the ability to support multiple projects. The candidate must be able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency.
Requirements and Job Responsibilities
- Experience in econometrics & statistics, experience modeling time-series data is a must.
- Candidate should be fully comfortable with basic econometric techniques like ARIMA, Logistic Regression, etc.
- Experience manipulating large datasets, analyzing data for consistency, and identifying limitations in the data
- Ability to write own modeling / programming code in R
- Background in economics and math especially useful
- Demonstrate critical thinking and initiative, reaching out to other team members and data providers in search of answers
- Present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Assist in modeling and/or forecasting multiple data points
- Ability to learn independently and quickly
- A passion for the data analysis profession
Additional Desired Qualifications a Plus
- Second-level thinking – candidate should be a deep thinker who looks beyond the obvious, and thinks about implications of conclusions several iterations down the road.
- Must be innovative problem solver – excels at analysis where the solution is not obvious
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- High pride in work / project ownership –someone who cares about delivering high quality work, on time.
- Interested in real estate, demographic, and related data
- Market sizing experience (incidence rate measurement, etc.)
- Advanced to expert MS Excel skills
- Create SQL queries for retrieving data
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in 100% accuracy and professional appearance in all the work you complete, have a passion for excellence and enjoy working with a fantastic team and client base, this is the dynamic environment for you.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.y
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business