Tableau Developer (Folsom, CA)
We are looking for an individual to assist in the design, development and maintenance of business intelligence (BI) solutions. Utilizing BI tools, primarily Tableau, to deliver insightful platforms to both internal partners and external clients. The candidate would join our research team as a Tableau Developer (BI Developer) in our Folsom, CA (Sacramento, CA) office and play an important role in the delivery of analytics tools and research analysis platforms via Tableau.
This position will assist with the maintenance and further development of our online data analysis portal and will help to produce a cohesive user experience for our internal and client users. This position will work among a group of data analysts, database managers, research analysts and statisticians who will rely on the Tableau Developer to help communicate findings using compelling visualizations that are easily understandable.
Likely responsibilities include:
- Create dashboards and visualizations using Tableau
- Maintain Tableau server user and group settings
- Approach challenges with creativity and flexibility
- Support the adoption of new data tools through training and mentoring
- Assist with data analysis projects in Excel
- Maintain data analytics website
Requirements for this position:
- Experience developing in Tableau
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Experience mining data and presenting findings
- Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience working in an analytical or development role
Additional skills and experience helpful but not required*:
- Experience with web design languages including HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of SQL database queries and analysis
*For the right candidate, we are willing to provide training to gain the necessary skills
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in producing creative content while using technically advanced tools, and enjoy working with a fantastic team that supports each other, this is the dynamic environment for you.
About John Burns Real Estate Consulting
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.