Monthly Builder Survey
Every month, we survey more than 200 builders across the nation on the new home market. Our survey provides timely and accurate insights on housing market conditions a few days after each month ends. Our report is the best monthly monitor of the new home market and features the following:
- Graphs and analysis of new home traffic and sales, pricing trends, starts, inventory, cancellations, and starts by region and rolled-up nationally
- Timely questions of the month on topics such as buyer qualifications and labor shortages
- Feedback and direct quotes from public and private builders managing about 2,000 communities in 80 metros and representing roughly 16% of new home sales annually
We believe our survey represents market conditions for production volume builders much more accurately than the Census Bureau’s. We invite the same 5,000+/- builders each month and have many regular survey participants. The Census Bureau sample differs each month; often includes a mix of smaller, custom builders; and typically has a huge margin of error.
What Questions Will This Survey Help You Answer?
- What are actively selling builders saying about current housing market conditions?
- How are new home sales and traffic faring across the regions and how does that compare to last month or last year?
- How do I quickly learn about new home sales, starts, and pricing trends across the country before data is released by the Census and NAHB?
- How can I get a sense of what’s happening in the housing market in real time?
*Pricing may vary. Fill out the form on this page to schedule a call.