Burns Housing Survey from the Front Lines
Every month, we survey more than 300 builders across the nation on the new home market. Our survey provides timely and accurate insights on housing market conditions a few days after each month ends. Our report is the best monthly monitor of the new home market and features the following:
- Graphs and analysis of new home traffic and sales, pricing trends, starts, inventory, cancellations, and starts by region and rolled-up nationally
- Timely questions of the month on topics such as buyer qualifications and labor shortages
- Feedback and direct quotes from public and private builders managing about 3,000 communities in 80 metros and representing roughly 18% of new home sales annually
We believe our survey represents market conditions for production volume builders much more accurately than the Census Bureau’s. We invite the same 5,000+/- builders each month and have many regular survey participants. The Census Bureau sample differs each month; often includes a mix of smaller, custom builders; and typically has a huge margin of error.
What Questions Will This Survey Help You Answer?
- What are actively selling builders saying about current housing market conditions?
- How are new home sales and traffic faring across the regions and how does that compare to last month or last year?
- How do I quickly learn about new home sales, starts, and pricing trends across the country before data is released by the Census and NAHB?
- How can I get a sense of what’s happening in the housing market in real time?
*Pricing may vary. Please contact Sara Newton-Mahony for pricing details.