In this podcast, learn how several technology investments enabled Smith Douglas Homes to achieve their best sales week ever in the one ending May 3, 2020. The company sells 1500+ affordably priced homes per year throughout the Southeast.
Partnering with Rendering House and Nternow, Smith Douglas allows buyers to:
- Pick their lot and floor plan online, with lot availability updated twice daily
- Configure the exteriors and kitchen interiors the way they like it
- Calculate the cost and payment
- Share their configuration with others
- Tour the home virtually
- Visit a standing inventory home alone and at their convenience using Nternow
Source: Smith Douglas Homes on Rendering House
Within a few days of launching, Smith Douglas had their first buyer show up and say, “Here is the home I built online, and I would like to go under contract.”
During the COVID crisis, Smith Douglas’s home personalization app usage has risen 40%.
The company notes that the technology is popular across all age groups.
This is yet another example of how the COVID crisis is accelerating technology adoption.
For a full transcript of this episode, click here.
Don’t miss out on future episodes!
The New Home Insights podcast is available on various platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, and Spotify. To receive email notifications whenever a new episode is released, fill out the form found on this page.