Dean Wehrli interviews Zach Williams from the digital marketing agency Venveo to learn what strategies are working best today.
- The best online promise is often beating out the best product, much to the dismay of some.
- Home Depot and Lowe’s have responded beautifully, focusing on DIY content that is driving all sorts of traffic to their web site and physical stores—and regaining share from Amazon.
- Homeowners are spending big on DIY projects, and the warmer weather recently has shifted their focus from interiors to exterior paints and hardscaping.
- Home design-related searches have spiked, which is a potential positive for future moving, since that is something residents can’t easily change about their current home.
- Consumers are doing more online research than ever, but it is still resulting in physical store purchases. 96% of purchases start online, but only 6% finish online. Some companies like Clare Paint have gotten creative with their Perfect Color Swatches and are making painting look easy.
One certainly permanent change from the COVID-19 crisis is that the tech-laggard companies and consumers are now fully on board.
Follow and listen to Zach on Venveo’s podcast, Smarter Building Materials Marketing.
Don’t miss out on future episodes!
The New Home Insights podcast is available on various platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, and Spotify. To receive email notifications whenever a new episode is released, fill out the form found on this page.