In episode 5 of our podcast, consulting leader Dean Wehrli interviews John Burns regarding the 4-5-6 rule for demographic-based decision making, which is covered in chapter 3 of the book Big Shifts Ahead. Click here to subscribe to future episodes.
Conversation highlights include:
- Government policies continue to shift housing demand, including the impact of presidential appointees now setting policy on 70% of all mortgages.
- The Great Recession had very different and lasting impacts on millennials, mature families, empty nesters, and retirees.
- Home builders are behind the curve on smartphone adoption because the consumer is using great apps designed for the resale market to start their home search.
- Builders are now getting the same consumer feedback on virtual reality tours as on tours of real model homes.
- The rise in female education levels and dual income households has shifted demand.
- Smart homes aren’t really that smart…yet.
Learn more about the 4 big influencers and how they factor into the 4-5-6 rule by picking up a copy of Big Shifts Ahead.
Don’t miss out on future episodes!
The New Home Insights podcast is available on various platforms, including Apple Podcasts and Google Play Music. Episodes will be released bi-weekly. To receive email notifications whenever a new episode is released, fill out the form found on this page.