In the COVID era, uncertainty often feels like the dominant theme. Industry leaders, government officials, and especially our clients want to know what 2022 holds for housing. 4,000+ real estate agents nationally shared their pricing and volume forecasts for 2022 in our latest Burns Real Estate Agent Survey and the results revealed optimism.
- Agents expect resale home prices to climb 7% nationally in 2022 after rising a blistering 18% in 2021.
- Agents shared slightly more muted expectations for sales volume growth, at 6% nationally in 2022, mainly due to supply constraints.
Our survey results support their forecasts:
- 74% of agents reported mostly increasing home prices nationally, up from a low of 63% in October, and approaching the high of 77% seen in July 2021.
- 53% of contracts received multiple offers, up from 47% last month, and back to levels seen in August 2021.
- All-cash purchases rose slightly to 19% nationally.
- Florida’s percentage of cash sales jumped from 30% to 38% MOM, fueled by in-migration and investors.
We will continue to monitor supply, demand, and pricing trends across the country to bring you the most timely and accurate real estate market insight.
Our latest Burns Real Estate Agent Survey is available to download for free!
Our Burns Real Estate Agent Survey is delivered monthly exclusively to our clients who subscribe to our research. For this month only, we are offering it for free to all that subscribe to our newsletter. Use the button below and fill out our form to download the full report.
Want to learn more about our real estate agent survey?
- Are you a real estate agent? Now is your chance to weigh in every month and receive a free social media infographic you can repost to accelerate your business. Email Nicole Luszczak today to participate.
- Are you a real estate agency exec? If you can encourage your team to participate, we will include a question from your leadership group in the survey and share the full results with you every month. Email Devyn Bachman today to participate.
- Are you an executive who wants to see the whole report every month, along with the rest of our research, so you can make the most informed decisions possible? Email Jenn Huynh and we can make that happen quickly.